The history of the VP Group

Well packaged for over 120 years

The VP Group is one of Europe's leading manufacturers of reliable and innovative packaging solutions for various applications. Founded in 1896, we are now successfully in our fourth generation as a family business. 

2017

VP Feuchtwangen receives the certification ISO 13485 for design, development, production and sales of medical packaging systems.

2016

Separation of the medical packaging unit into two divisions: "stericlin®" addresses hospitals, medical practices and service providers, "Medical packaging" stands for individual packaging solutions in the medical device industry.

2014

The stericlin® brand celebrates its 40th anniversary.

2014

VP is accepted as a member in the association of "climate protection company. The climate and energy efficiency group of German Business e.V. "

2013

Certification according to ISO 50001.

2011

Foundation VP Packaging Ltd. in Kettering, United Kingdom.

2008

Certification for FSC® (FSC-C014176) and according to ISO 14001.

2006

Modernisation of the Feuchtwangen site.

2004

Foundation VP Polska in Zagan, Poland.

2001

The group is restructured by implementing the VP Holding and a business unit structure.

1998

Foundation Indicator Systems B.V. in Venlo, Netherlands.

1992

Certification according to ISO 9001.

1974

The stericlin® brand is launched.

1974

The foundation stone for a central production site is laid in Feuchtwangen, Germany.

1955

10 years after the war, VP is rebuilt and employs 600 people again.

1906

VP “invents” the carrier bag and applies for a utility model at the German Reich Patent Office under number 283 523.

1902

Change of name to "United Papierwarenfabriken". VP is in turn the largest Bavarian operation in its sector.

1896

VP is founded in Munich by Hubert Kurz and Carl Eger.